Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students and Artists: 2022-2023 Academic Year
Introduction | Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students:
Every year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange as well as research collaboration between Switzerland as well as over 180 various other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad that have actually completed a master’s degree or PhD as well as at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s level.
Kinds of scholarship | Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students:
- Research scholarship: is readily available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are preparing to come to Switzerland to pursue research or additional research studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are granted for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the 2 federal institutes of technology, in addition to the 4 research institutes. Just prospects nominated by a scholastic mentor at one of these college organisations will be considered.
- Art scholarships: are open to art students wanting to pursue a preliminary master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is offered to students from a limited variety of countries only.
Application procedure and Deadlines:
- Step 1: Release of programme for over 180 countries | Early August
- Step 2: Call for proposals | This September
- Step 3: Submission deadline at Swiss representation | September – December
- Step 4: Selection | By the end of May
- Step 5: Start of Scholarship | Next September
For further details regarding the application procedure and deadlines, click here .
Eligible Countries and Application documents:
In order to receive further information and the application documents, select your country of origin according to your passport Eligible countries are as shown below. Check the application deadline and the different types of scholarship on offer. Note that these vary according to country. You will also find details of what to do next and where to get more information.
Selection Criteria for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
Applications undergo preliminary choice by the appropriate nationwide authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then examined by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), which takes the final decision.
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three requirements:
1. Candidate profile:
- Quality of the research task or artistic work.
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation.
- The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific quality.
- The FCS will announce its decisions relating to the new scholarship awards by the end of May at the most recent.
- The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2022-23 academic year by the end of May 2022. Scholarships for the 2023-24 academic year will be advertised online from August 2022.
Some Very Useful Links:
Enquiries Email: [email protected]