Fully-funded Undergraduate Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for International Students, GKS-UIC 2022
This post presents great opportunities for International Students: A 100% funded Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for International Students to Study at Undergraduate (B.Sc.) Levels | GKS-UIC 2022 – 2023
Purpose of GKS scholarships | Fully-funded Undergraduate Global Korea Scholarship (GKS):
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Undergraduate Students is a wonderful opportunity for trainees all around the world. The objective of this fully-funded fellowship is to supply you the opportunity to continue your education in Korean educational institutions.
GKS supply worldwide students with chances to conduct innovative studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at greater educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship in between nations.
The GKS-UIC (Global Korea Scholarship-University Industry Cooperation) brings in a pool of exceptional young minds and fine-tunes their characters to meet market competitive requirements. Both programs include an one-year Korean language course to help candidates to discover more about Korea’s culture and history. The task fairs held by Korean colleges help trainees in finding well-paying professions, demonstrating that they are genuine guarantors of your success.
The Korean government encourages abroad students to study in Korea in order to change the world through their youth in the same manner that Korea has actually changed itself from a bad, damaged country to a prospering one. The Korean War was a serious setback that added to the country’s ranking as the world’s 13th largest economy. The Korean government developed an international education quality control system to assist Korean institutions expand their ability by providing additional benefits. Institutes are significantly going to provide English-taught courses as a result of their concentrate on globalisation characteristics. Korea’s educational system is regarded as one of the most quality-oriented in the world. Academic competition and scholastic performance are the basics of its quality, as they supply a diversity of topics.
Every year, the fully-funded foreign opportunity to study in South Korea attracts and influences students to come to Korea because of its contemporary cultural requirements. The nation’s ideal position has actually kept it secure from natural disasters, and the low crime rate has actually given those wishing to relocate a sense of security. The warm-hardheartedness of the Korean inhabitants and the spirits instilled in them make the nation worth checking out and living in. Moreover, the improved facilities enables people to easily transit from one location to another in a short period of time. The updated technology at the colleges allows candidates to become knowledgeable about it, providing the hands-on experience required for future task searches.
Program level | Fully-funded Undergraduate Global Korea Scholarship (GKS):
Associate degree program.
- 1 year Korean language program
- 2-3 years degree program
Bachelor’s degree program.
- 1 year of Korean language program
- 4 years of the degree program
- Duration for the Associate degree scholarship is 2 – 3 years of study, including 1 year of Korean language study.
- The term of the Bachelor’s degree scholarship is 4 years, including 1 year of Korean language study.
Host Universities & Country:
- Korean Universities, South Korea.
Benefits of the Global Korea Scholarship:
- Return Air Tickets.
- Fully paid Tuition Fees.
- 200,000 KRW as a settlement allowance (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month (Degree Program)
- Accommodation allowance
- Dissertation (Dissertation) Reimbursement of Printing Fees
- Monthly Medical Allowance (Medical insurance): 55,630 KRW
- Grants for degree completion: 100,000 KRW
- Professional and personal development of individuals and Prosperity around the globe.
- One-year Korean language course FEE, fully covered.
- Korean Expertise Monthly grants (Language training fee) of 100,000 KRW
- A study of Korean culture / Korean competition scholarships / Increase the depth of Korean instruction.
- Working with people of all faiths, religious tolerance is required.
- Anyone of any nationality, with the exception of Koreans, is eligible to apply.
- All applicants and their parents must NOT have Korean citizenship. If an applicant or parents have dual citizenship (one who has Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country), they are NOT eligible to apply.
- If applicants and their parents have previously held Korean citizenship, they must submit documentation showing their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- You can apply for a bachelor’s or associate’s degree program if you have graduated or are anticipated to graduate from high school before August 31, 2022.
- You can only apply for the Bachelor’s program if you have completed or are anticipated to complete an associate degree program before August 31, 2022.
- The CGPA must be higher than 2.64 out of 4, 2.80 out of 4.3, 2.91 out of 4.5, or 3.23 out of 5.0. The score percentile must be at least 80%.
- You must be under the age of 25.
- Physical and emotional well-being.
- There is no criminal record.
- If you received your previous education at one of the Korean universities,
- If you had received a Korean scholarship before, you are not eligible.
How to Apply for the Global Korea Scholarship:
- Students have to apply through the official website.
- Select the degree program.
- Select the desired field of study.
- Provide your all personal information.
- Select the level of language abilities for TOPIK or English.
- Provide the details of your previous or recent education.
- Select the university and department.
- Provide the study plan mentioning the goal of your study and your plans after study.
- Recommendation letter to be completed by the referee.
- GKS applicant agreement mentions the terms and conditions of the scholarship applied to the applicants.
- Details of medical assessment should be provided.
A. Participating Universities (Associate Degree):
2 Universities: Kyungbok University, Yeungjin University
B. Participating Universities (B.Sc. Degree):
8 universities: Ajou University, Konyang University, Kookmin University, Korea Polytechnic University, Korea University of Technology and Education, Pusan National University, Sogang University, Soonchunhyang University
Important Notes Regarding GKS-UIC:
- NIIED Application Guidelines Information (Study in Korea) can be found here.
- Each university will announce its 1st Round Selection Schedule on its website. The announcement will be made before April 29
- The candidates selected from the 2nd round will be announced at the end of May.
- Presentation of Official Medical Examination to 2nd Round of Successful NIIED Candidates until June 15 (Wednesday).
- All successful 2nd Round candidates must present the result of their medical examination issued by an authorised doctor or hospital.
- Expected announcement date of GKS-UIC Scholars 2022 (NIIED) would be around the end of June (June 20 approx.)
- Finally, NIIED will transfer the final results to the Universities and the final selected candidates will be announced on the Study in Korea website.
- Selection from university.
- University recommendations go to NIIED.
- NIIED selects candidates itself.
- Announcement of Scholarship qualifiers by NIIED.
Important Note for Prospective Scholarship Beneficiaries:
- Upon arrival, the National Institute For International Education (NIIED) will provide KRW 20,000 per month as private insurance premium until students enrol in health insurance. After enrolment, NIIED will provide health insurance premiums in a standard amount (55,630 KRW).
- Korean Competition Scholarships (having TOPIK Level 5 or 6), Research Support Fee, Tuition Fee, Thesis Printing Fee, Degree Completion Grants are awarded to GKS scholars only in the degree program.
- Upon applicants’ initial arrival in Korea, domestic travel fees within the GKS Scholar’s home country and any international travel insurance for travel to Korea will NOT be covered.
- NIIED will not cover additional expenses for departure (e.g. PCR test for COVID-19, self-quarantine prior to departure)
- Assistance with visa application or entry air tickets will NOT be provided to scholars entering Korea from a country other than the scholar’s own country of citizenship.
- If a GKS Scholar withdraws from the scholarship within the first 3 months after entering Korea, he MUST return the full amount of the scholarship he received after being selected as a GKS Scholar. This includes any entry airfare, settlement allowance, monthly allowance, language training fees, medical insurance, etc.
Documents Required for the Application:
- Application form.
- Personal statement.
- Study plan.
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of the citizenship of parents.
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof, if any.
- Valid TOPIK or an English proficiency certificate.
- Awards and other certificates.
- A copy of your Passport.
Areas of Study:
The following 25 areas of study are considered under the GKS-UIC program.
1. Software Engineering
2. Cyber Security
3. Medical Artificial Intelligence
4. Software Development
5. Artificial Intelligence
6. Mechatronics Engineering
7. Mechanical Engineering
8. Computer Science
9. Civil Engineering
10. Mechanical Engineering
11. Industrial Engineering
12 Computer Science and Software Engineering
13. Nano Energy Engineering
14. Nano Mechatronics Engineering
15. Optical and Mechatronics Engineering
16. Biological Sciences
17. Electronic Engineering
18. Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
19. Big Data Engineering
20. Internet of Things Engineering
21. Computer Software Engineering
22. Information Security Engineering
23. Medical Computer Engineering
24. Data Analysis Engineering
25. AI Convergence School of Mechanical Engineering