Chinese Government Graduate Scholarships 2024
Application is now open for the Chinese Government Graduate Scholarships and High Level Graduate Program of Wuhan University for the 2024 academic calendar, for international students of all countries except China.
The People’s Republic of China’s Ministry of Education launched the Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Graduate Programme to assist certain Chinese colleges and universities in directly selecting and endorsing gifted foreign candidates to pursue studies in China. Among the esteemed universities participating in this programme to entice graduate students to pursue master’s and doctoral degrees is Wuhan University.
What Does This Scholarship Cover?
Scholarship covers tuition, application fee waiver, free accommodation, living allowance, and comprehensive medical insurance. International travel expenses self-afforded. Visit this page for more details. In summary, the scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition and application fee waiver;
- Free accommodation;
- Living allowance；
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- International travel expenses: self-afforded.
For more details about the scholarship, please visit this website.
Join Us On Social Media
Supported Categories, Scholarship Duration, Instructional Language and Majors
The scholarship supports master’s and doctoral students, covering 1 year for language courses, 2-3 years for master’s, and 3-4 years for doctoral studies, with instruction in Chinese/English.
- Doctoral and master students are supported by the scholarship.
- The scholarship lasts one year for Chinese language courses, two to three years for master’s studies, and four to six years for doctoral studies.
- Chinese and English are used as the instruction language.
- The following webpage has information about major enrollment: https://linkshuts.com/wuhanenrol/
- CLICK HERE TO ENROLL NOW
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Chinese Government Graduate Scholarships 2024, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a nation other than the People’s Republic of China and to be physically and mentally healthy;
- possess HSK Level 4 Chinese language proficiency before submitting an application for a master’s or doctoral programme taught in Chinese;
Those who have completed the HSK Level 4 can apply to take Chinese language courses for a year before moving on to the major study after fulfilling the requirements. Applicants who have passed the HSK Level 5 or higher can apply immediately for major study. In order to receive a degree from a Chinese institution, one must demonstrate that they have studied Chinese as the language of instruction rather than passing the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK).
- when applying to master’s programmes, a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 must be present;
- when applying to doctoral programmes, having a master’s degree and be under 40 years old;
- When submitting an application for a master’s or doctoral programme taught in English, attach a report from your English Language Test (TOEFL 80+/IELTS 6.0+). Those who are unable to present the aforementioned standard English test results may do so by demonstrating that they have previously attended a school where English is the language of instruction. In such a case, Wuhan University will ask them to take an additional oral or written English exam. Applicants who speak English as their first language may not need to submit the aforementioned English proficiency certificate;
Applicants for the Clinical Medicine Master Degree Programme must also have completed HSK (Level 4) or higher. Those who have completed HSK (Level 3) may seek to enroll in one year of Chinese language instruction before continuing on to their degree programme.
- The applicant cannot be the recipient of another scholarship.
When and How to Apply
All applicants are advised to apply to the Wuhan University directly and apply between Nov. 15, 2023 and Feb. 25, 2024.
Application Procedure | Step 1:
First, register and submit your online application through the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System. Go to this page, and click on the “Scholarship Application for Students” link on the “CSC Study in China” webpage. Wuhan University’s code is 10486. Please select Programme Category — type B, which relates to scholarship programmes managed by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after completing the online application.
Please use Internet Explorer 11.0 or Firefox.
Before editing, applicants using Internet Explorer are asked to close the “compatible view mode” feature.
Regarding the online application process, kindly refer to the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System Instructions on this page for more information.
Application Procedure | Step 2:
Next, go to http://admission.whu.edu.cn to register and submit your online application using Wuhan University’s Online Application System for International Students. Please select Chinese Government Programme as your sources of funds. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for International Students of Wuhan University” after completing the online application.
The application cannot be amended once it has been submitted.
Application Procedure | Step 3:
Third, by March 15, 2024, candidates who have been granted admission to Wuhan University must submit a Pre-Admission Notice and any additional documents through the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System at https://www.campuschina.org.
Admission and Registration
- Wuhan University will evaluate all application documents, choose candidates, and transmit the application – admission letter. Applicants who do not obtain the pre-admission letter before March 15, 2024, will not be considered for our university’s review.
- The candidates must complete the online application of the CSC Online Application System (visit this link) before March 15th, 2024, and the CSC application must include the pre-admission letter from Wuhan University.
- The final list of scholarship recipients will be determined by the CSC after reviewing the qualifications and application documents of candidates Wuhan University has nominated.
- Around the end of July 2024, Wuhan University will notify scholarship awardees and mail the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China, JW201).
- The scholarship recipients will enrol in Wuhan University by the end of August or the beginning of September 2024, and they will follow the admissions and registration processes strictly according to the deadline mentioned in the admissions notice. If you fail to register within the allotted time frame without our university’s consent, you will be considered to have forfeited this admission.
- After arriving in China, the scholarship awardees are not permitted to alter the host university, subject of study, or length of study specified on the admission notice.
- The eligibility for the scholarship will be assessed every year.
Required Documents for Application
- Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form (online, in Chinese or English);
- Wuhan University’s Online Application Form for International Students, completed in either Chinese or English;
- A duplicate of the home page for an ordinary passport. Please apply for a new passport before submitting the application if the applicant’s present ordinary passport does not match the requirements for validity (that is, if it expires before March 1, 2025);
- The highest diploma or degree certificate that has been notarized (starting with the undergraduate programme). the original, officially stamped notarized copies that were provided by your public notary office or your university. A certified pre-graduation certificate and an on-school performance certificate from your current school are required to be submitted by prospective diploma winners. In addition to demonstrating your current enrollment status, the pre-graduation certificate should also provide the anticipated graduation date and degree certificate. Notarized translations into Chinese or English must be appended to documents written in languages other than Chinese or English;
- Academic records (starting with the undergraduate programme). Academic transcripts from the first to the last semester of the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes, if applicable, must be supplied. The graduate school, student management department, or academic affairs office of the attending university will issue and seal these transcripts. They can be in Chinese or English, but if they are in a language other than English, certified English translations must be attached;
- Qualification certificates in languages. Candidates pursuing programmes taught in Chinese are required to submit official HSK reports that meet the relevant Chinese proficiency criteria. Candidates for programmes taught in English must submit appropriate language competency credentials, such as an IELTS or TOFEL report;
- A proposal for a research plan. A study plan, whether written in Chinese or English, must be longer than 1,000 characters or words. Its contents must include your full and precise introduction, academic background, reason for studying in China, acknowledgement of Wuhan University and China, study plan, research focus, and vision for future development.Visit this page to view the example.
- Letters of recommendation. Two reference letters from professors or associate professors (written solely in Chinese or English) must be submitted. Referees must date and sign these letters, which outline the applicant’s learning goals in China, as well as their comprehensive skill set and assessment of their potential for future development.
- An artwork example. Applicants may submit their own works through the system’s “Example of Art/Other Supporting Documents” in order to apply for degrees in art or design.
- Those under the age of eighteen should submit the official legal guardians’ documentation from China;
- A photocopy of the filled-out English Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the applicant will keep the original copy). The form can be obtained from the dispatching authority and was created by the Chinese quarantine authority. Every item on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be covered by the physical examinations. Records that are missing any of these components—the official hospital stamp, the attending physician’s signature, or a sealed photo of the applicants—are deemed invalid. Since the results of a physical examination are only valid for six months, please choose the best time to have one. You can download the form from this webpage.
- A report on non-criminal records in either Chinese or English. A certified certificate of non-criminal record from the local public security body must be submitted by the applicant; they are typically provided six months before the application deadline.
- A Wuhan University acceptance letter, if available, can be filled out in Chinese or English and downloaded from this webpage. You may find the contact details of some of the professors here.
- Additional documents (such as an award, publications, or a certificate of employment or internship).
Important Information | Application Documents
- The supporting documents that are uploaded must be valid, clear, and authentic. To scan the pertinent documents, Applicants are recommended using a professional device. The consequences brought on by unclear or unidentifiable posted materials are the responsibility of the applicants.
- Wuhan University’s Chinese Government Scholarship-High Level Graduate Programme does not charge an application fee. Wuhan University prefers direct communication from prospective students; it does not contract with any person or agency.
- Applications that are incomplete or ineligible will not be taken into consideration. Please be sure that the mailing address, phone number, and email address you provide are correct (including the city name and postcode).
- Applicants are not required to deliver hard copies of application documents to us. When you register, please bring the original copies of all the aforementioned documents. The original official graduation certificate must be brought for verification by the person providing the prospective diploma certificate.
- The university retains the right to request additional materials from the applicant in addition to the application document mentioned above, should such requests arise.
- Kindly go to this webpage if you have any questions concerning the application, check out the commonly asked questions.
Additional Contact Information
Contact Address, Postcode, Phone, and Email:
Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Post code: 430072
Person: Ms. Yuan